- Learners have the right to a safe space with people using safe behavior.
Developmentally Appropriate Classes/Curriculum
- There should be a variety of catalog offerings that are accessible to most learners.
- Learners should be allowed to select opportunities based on their own interests.
- Learners should be allowed the presence of a classroom aide if necessary for equitable access to classes.
Expression of Needs
- Learner needs and concerns will be considered and addressed with the respect they deserve.
- Learners should feel free to express their needs to teachers, co-teachers, chaperones, student government representative, and governance committee members.
- Learners should be recognized as an independent person with valid needs and opinions.
- Learners should not be touched against their will by any adult or child.
- Learners should not be compelled to make physical contact by any adult or child.
- Requests to cease or not make physical contact should be honored immediately.
- Learners should listen to class and location specific rules and behavior standards.
- Learners should ask questions if they do not understand the rules.
- Learners should do their best to avoid breaking any rules.
Field Trip Behavior
- Learners represent City Roots Homeschool Cooperative and independent learners in general. As such, they should be respectful of the spaces and people that they encounter.
- Learners should listen carefully to location-specific rules and behavior standards and do their best to avoid breaking any rules.
- Learners should treat other child and adult members with respect.
- Learners should respect the needs and wishes of their fellow learners.
- Learners should act and behave in a way that does not infringe on the rights of other learners.
- Learners should attempt to work through disagreements directly and peacefully, with the help of an adult if necessary.
- Learners should let an adult know if something isn’t working or if they feel something is unsafe.